Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Nothing much to say about THAT series

Well - once again the thorn-in-our-side Blue Jays have been, well, a THORN!!!

Vernon Wells drilled us again - tying career highs for hits and runs scored (4 each) and Roy Halladay struck out 10 of our guys (1st time he's gotten double-digit Ks in over a year!) to fill out a 10-3 pasting of the beloved Bostonians.

Not to mention that completed a short 2 game sweep at Fenway - not sure the last time the Sox have swept and then immediately been swept, but it sure sucks regardless. Tim Wakefield was again the victim of poor run support on Monday despite pitching very well sans the only homer he gave up. Poor Timmy. And to lose to Tomo Ohka?! Now THAT will be hard to live down... tougher to swallow than Roy "Doc" Halladay over Julian "I can keep the ball off the bats" Tavarez. PLEASE tell me that Jon Lester is coming back soon!! PLEASE!!

Not a good way to head into a short series with Baltimore at beautiful Camden Yards. And actually it is even worse due to the fact that Schilling and Beckett will be pitching versus the O's and not in New York this coming weekend. OUCH. Talk about payback being an, er, something that rhymes with "bitch" - and yes, I can say that on my blog because I am a veterinarian and I am allowed to use that word in my profession. But only under the appropriate circumstances... and of course, these are just that.

Normally I'd say that these two were being wasted on Baltimore, but it just so happens that the Orioles are in 2nd place only 1.5 games behind us in the AL East while the yanks are dead last. Sweet to say I will admit - but we all know it won't stay that way. Besides, the Orioles actually should be leading this division but they've hit a short skid that directly coincided with ours - otherwise our two losses in a row would have put us behind the "lowly" O's. Pee-you-wee!!

Well - it's late and I'm not in a good mood. Better sign off before I get "itchy" again.

No comments: