Monday, June 4, 2007

I had a feeling...

Alex Rodriguez HAD to have one of his homers count for something this season against the Red Sox. Gee whiz he picked a crummy time for it. The yanks hit exactly 3 balls hard last night: one of them tied the game against the most dominant reliver in MLB this season and one of them won it against the most dominant closer of the game today.

I woke up this morning and the first words I said to my wife were, "Well, the punk did it." She'd already read the article on Yahoo!Sports and knew exactly what I meant. Too bad. But then being 12.5 games up is still pretty sweet.

Fortunately for Red Sox fans the yanks haven't played anyone hard this year except us - and I say fortunately because if the Bombers had any semblance of this sort of effort versus the rest of the league they'd still be in the hunt for the playoffs. Now there is LOTS of time left this year... but, then who in the world is gonna say, "Yeah. We've got it in the bag now"?? Ha!

Well - it's on to Oakland and the sports world will have to wait until three months from now to resume the ulcer-inducing rivalry that is Boston vs. NY.

Bring on the Tums!!

No comments: